My inventions: 2723 A.D. for the novel PLANET by January Bain
I thought someone out there in virtual land might enjoy reading about the things I needed to invent for a sci-fi book I wrote a while ago. It was a very interesting process for this writer and one I hope to repeat as often as necessary, doctor’s orders.
(1) Rejuvenation Institute for DNA stem cell therapy serum injections that “sets” the body back 50 years to enable a type of immortality.
(2) 100 Earth Zones under one United World Government.
(3) Automatic robot that cleans the apartment: Turbo-Robot (my personal favorite)
(4) Titan: More than twenty-three hundred kilometers across, the massive rock and ice structure was bigger than the total square kilometer size of Area Two. The largest of the one hundred Zones that gridded the planet, it stretched its tentacles from the Mississippi River system through the Great Plains to foot of the Rocky Mountains, from the former Canadian/US border to the state of Texas.
(5) New Earth
(6) An army of unleashed von Neumann probes, those self-replicating robots that are “seeding” the galaxy with terraform. (I didn’t invent this as it has already been mentioned for by scientists.)
(7) Previous Disasters: tainted through the centuries by numerous plagues of man-made viruses, nuclear explosions, naturally occurring volcanic eruptions of scalding lava that had burst inopportunely through the crust on occasion, the near collapse of the ecosystem that planted the idea for their current United World Government and one biotech disaster that decimated the entire population of Zones Ten through Twenty.
(8) Gabaray (space incinerator) turns space junk to dust.
(9) Implanted miniature chip that allows instant access to a device that acts similar to a twenty-first century cell phone. Also, it has reduced crime to virtually nonexistent due to its tracking nature.
(10) Flash-8, their very own personal flying conveyance that holds one to three people depending on style: ex. Rover (two people) or Viewer (one person) or Sedan (three people) Mind-controlled crafts.
(11) Nearly invisible headsets that allow you to mentally key in your thoughts to be later downloaded and stored in the library memory hard-drive for future generations.
(12) Movie screens inside your head or that can also be projected to a 3-D hologram for everyone to enjoy.
(13) Library of Data.
(14) Space Arks for the Exodus.
(15) Runatrons as slip-on, one-size-fits-all magnetic shoes that you ride just above the ground sort of like the old fashioned Segway people mover.
(16) Communiviewer: internal viewer much like a cell phone.
(17) Cyber-replicates to use for mundane and dangerous jobs.
(18) Hand-held FTL88 processor for recording information: lightweight, sturdy and see-through.
(19) Child-find trackers.
And so the list will grow. Hope you found it fun to peruse. Wishing you a great day!
Best, January Bain
The Forever Series